Submit an application using your access code: cfh2016
Who can apply?
Most types of non-governmental organizations can apply
- Non-governmental organizations (NGO)
- Nonprofit organizations
- Civil society organizations
- Community-based organizations
- Colleges, universities and academic institutions
Very small organizations are not a priority
- The foundation rarely makes grants that exceed 25% of an organization’s total operating budget.
New organizations or start-ups are seldom funded
- The foundation rarely funds start-up organizations with limited track records.
Grants mainly support projects in Africa, Asia, and Latin America
- The Foundation does not support for projects in Europe, former Soviet-bloc countries or developed countries.
Who should not apply?
The Foundation does not fund the following:
- buildings, vehicles, land purchases or capital improvements
- direct medical care or treatment at hospitals or clinics
- medical equipment for hospitals or clinics
- wells, pumps or water systems
- emergency relief or humanitarian aid projects
- microenterprise, tourism, job training or livelihood projects
- feeding or food distribution programs
- projects to improve farming for export crops
- basic farming, beekeeping, chicken, or animal husbandry training projects
- films, videos, books or websites
- scholarships, fellowships, tuition or travel grants
- general operating support
- individuals, businesses, churches, government, orphanages and humanitarian aid agencies
Who will be competitive?
The foundation gives priority to projects that:
- Ask difficult questions or test new solutions
- Propose ambitious and measurable outcomes
- Address regional or cross-boundary opportunities and challenges
- Strengthen partnerships, coalitions or networks
- Strengthen local leadership
- Build scientific and technical capacity
- Influence public debate and policy
- Emphasize prevention rather over remediation or treatment
By clicking the link below, please confirm that you have reviewed the eligibility guidelines and priorities listed above:
YOUR ACCESS CODE: cfh2016
November 02 2015 08:36 pm